Commercial Drivers License A
This program is designed to provide tractor-trailer driving fundamentals to students who have minimal or no truck driving experience at all.
The course is ten-weeks long and includes a documented total 190 hours of classroom, field/range driving and highway/observation, simulator and lab hours.
Yard/field maneuvers, behind the wheel observation training, map reading, logs, trip planning, vehicle and system inspection, license pre-testing, DOT Regulations, OSHA Safety and conventional and cab-over tractors.
All class and lab meetings will be offered Monday – Thursday from 8am-5pm. Field/Range and Highway/Observation driving will be pre-scheduled Monday-Saturday 8am-11pm the last 3 weeks of your program (night driving is required).
|Highway & Observation||65 hours|
|Simulator and Lab||25 hours|
Commercial Drivers License B
This is a refresher course for seasoned drivers who need to update their skills to renew their license. The course is five weeks long and includes a documented 85 hours of combined classroom and driving instruction.
- A program instructor supervises all instruction times.
- The student is required to maintain proper documentation of such time utilized. Unsupervised practice of yard maneuvers and highway driving is strictly prohibited.
- No credit will be issued for unsupervised classroom activities.
- One instructional/training hour lasts fifty (50) minutes.
- All class and lab meetings will be offered Monday through Thursday from 8am-5pm.
- Field/Range and Highway/Observation driving will be pre-scheduled Monday – Saturday 8am-11pm (night driving is required).
|Highway & Observation||30 hours|
|Lab and Simulator||5 hours|