Earn Your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) & Solid Salary Your First Year
At A&K Training Facility, we feel that training you to learn the skills needed to obtain your CDL is only part of the job. We strive to make sure that students who meet all required skill sets upon completion of our program have a fair opportunity for employment.
We have our own testing site. You won’t need to schedule or wait months. With our proven results, you can test, retrain and retest until your skills are superb and you are fully certified.
Our driver training application process is more thorough and professional than the other schools because we want to make sure that you will meet the hiring qualifications required to get a job as a professional truck driver.
Commercial Driver’s License A
This program is designed to provide tractor-trailer driving fundamentals to students who have minimal or no truck driving experience at all.
The course is ten-weeks long and includes a documented total 190 hours of classroom, field/range driving and highway/observation, simulator and lab hours.
Yard/field maneuvers, behind the wheel observation training, map reading, logs, trip planning, vehicle and system inspection, license pre-testing, DOT Regulations, OSHA Safety and conventional and cab-over tractors.
All class and lab meetings will be offered Monday – Thursday from 8am-5pm. Field/Range and Highway/Observation driving will be pre-scheduled Monday-Saturday 8am-11pm the last 3 weeks of your program (night driving is required).
|Highway & Observation||65 hours|
|Simulator and Lab||25 hours|
Commercial Driver’s License B
This is a refresher course for seasoned drivers who need to update their skills to renew their license. The course is five weeks long and includes a documented 85 hours of combined classroom and driving instruction.
- A program instructor supervises all instruction times.
- The student is required to maintain proper documentation of such time utilized. Unsupervised practice of yard maneuvers and highway driving is strictly prohibited.
- No credit will be issued for unsupervised classroom activities.
- One instructional/training hour lasts fifty (50) minutes.
- All class and lab meetings will be offered Monday through Thursday from 8am-5pm.
- Field/Range and Highway/Observation driving will be pre-scheduled Monday – Saturday 8am-11pm (night driving is required).
|Highway & Observation||30 hours|
|Lab and Simulator||5 hours|